Friday, February 6, 2009

Taking care of business

So i thought this week "taking care of business" would be the appropiate title for a couple different reasons.
Number one: On Wednesday, on my way to the doctor's office, I got a call from the Varsity coach. He was told that tommorrow (Thursday) that everything for a coaching staff had to be due. I had not be told yet when I had to go through the procedures and everything. In any school if you are an employee you have to get two types of fingerprinting done...the BCI and FBI. In a catholic school you have to take a class type workshop to be able to get paid. So 2 hours before I had to go to this workshop, I was told about it. I'm a pretty easy person to get along with, I don't freak out much, well on people or anything, and I'm usually pretty calm about stuff. So, of course I said I didn't care and that it was fine, because I thought it was. I started to get a little stressed though because I was told it was 2 and a half to 3 and a half hours long, and I had an exam the next day. So, it turned out to be exactly 3 hours long.
The workshop is called "Protecting God's Children." It is about protecting kids from being molested and harmed. We learned all about the signs and everything. Did you know that most molestors are people that person and or family knows well and trusts? Anyways, I felt a little weird because I am obviously a young coach, right out of high school and even though I am labled as an "adult", I still fell like a kid so this was all applying to me too.
Number two: "We have to take care of business" is a popular quote I have heard from all my high school coaches. Well what they mean (if you can't guess) is win. We have a huge rivalry against a school. We play each of the teams in our leauge twice. We lost the first time we played them and tommorrow (Saturday), we play them again. So now we "have to take care of business."
The last thing I just wanna say is about my picture that is up. It is the head stone of my coach that passed away. The first two times we visited his grave, he didn't have one. So, it's now really special that he does.
GOODBYE! =]

1 comment:

  1. im sorry about your coach, and thats really cool that you still go visit his grave. I would have been really upset if they have told me about that at the last moment. Sometimes people just dont think about how packed other peoples lives are.

    ReplyDelete